Sunday 21 November 2010

POTATO Health Tip for the Fortnight


I am more good than bad. My name is potato. Basically I am a weedy plant recognized for my tuberous growth. I am from a family of nightshade and my leaves are indeed poisonous. Over the years I have earned a very bad name-so much so that they think of me and say I am fattening. The problem is not me, but the way you prepare me.
A few, handful potato chips has the same number of calories as the two medium sized, baked potatoes topped with zero-fat yogurt and steamed vegetables. Those of you who enjoy adding oil to me, topping me with cheese, frying and deep-frying till you see the dark brown crust, French fries and other buttered stuff-now, you are in trouble. Actually it is these combinations which make you suffer. Of course, because of my high carbohydrate content, diabetic people should avoid me.

I am here to remind you that by nature I am fat-free and cholesterol free. I am essentially here to clarify that I am not fattening you. Studies reveal that I am cool, delicious, heavy and dry, and have energizing qualities. Do you know that I am one of the most nutritious staple crops discovered by man? I am absorbed by your body within two and half hours of eating me. All virtues of cereals are imbibed in me. The nutrients in me are easily digestible. The best way to have me is to take my skin. My skin is a good source of fiber and potassium.

No comments:

Post a Comment